And again honestly speaking, I was actually looking forward to getting it. Giggle.
My phone alerts me that I have a text message. It's from him and I open it.
My fingers were shaking so bad that I could barely pound out the text message in reply:
- Just because we didn't discuss it anymore didn't mean that the idea was free for the taking.
- I didn't approach you with this idea, it just happened to come up in a conversation. We did not brainstorm and come up with this idea - I told YOU about it mister. So yes, it was my idea.
- This was something you and I discussed...and I told you to keep it confidential. Now your azz went and told someone else MY IDEA, and now what is stopping them from coming up with something too?
- I don't care how much research you claim you did, that did not earn you the rights to the idea. You don't know what research I have been doing because we haven't talked about it anymore.
- If you were going in a different direction with the product, you should have said, "Well I have this idea and I put something together. Since you did bring this up to me, do you want to work together on this thing with me?" Basically, just like I invited you into my world, you should have invited me into yours. Not after you have come up with a name and flyer and shyt for it? WTH?
In my heart I know that he wasn't trying to be underhanded because if he was he probably wouldn't have told me about the SURPRISE. From an ethical point of view he was wrong, and it's sad that he didn't see that until an hour later.